Whitefish Winter Carnival 2016
Winter Carnival weekend in Whitefish is legendary. For more than 50 years the weekend festival has drawn thousands of visitors to Northwest Montana to celebrate winter. This year’s main events are slated for Feb. 5-7. The theme is “Super Bowl Whitefish.”
• Friday, Feb. 5 is the Gala at the Whitefish Lake Restaurant.
• Penguin Plunge at City Beach is Saturday, Feb. 6 at 11 a.m. Take an icy dip in Whitefish Lake for a good cause.
• The Whitefish Winter Carnival pie social is Saturday, Feb. 6 from 12:30 – 2:30 p.m. at St. Charles Borromeo in Whitefish.
• The downtown Grand Parade is the main attraction on Saturday, Feb. 6 at 3 p.m.. Central Avenue is packed with spectators from north to south as an hour-long stream of floats, carnival royalty and winter characters make their way down Whitefish’s main drag.
• The Rotary Club of Whitefish in partnership with the Whitefish Credit Union is offering their Pancake breakfast on Sunday, Feb. 7 from 8 a.m. to noon at the Loyal Order of Moose Lodge. The breakfast is FREE to all Veterans and their immediate families. Everyone else is $8 per person. All the Veteran needs to show at the door is a valid military ID card or their DD214 Discharge paper.